A lot of people doubt that herbs can be powerful enough to put a dent in pain as extreme as cramps. But science has our back on this one.
In randomized control trials, herbal formulas like ours were found to be almost twice as effective in treating menstrual pain as pharmaceutical treatments like NSAIDs.
Not only are herbs more effective than OTC painkillers, but they’re also side-effect free. (A heads up that studies have shown that extended use of painkillers like Tylenol can be dangerous for your health). And, while other menstrual pain products focus on simply alleviating the pain, our herbal formulas are designed to address underlying symptoms, improve organ function, and fight period problems before they start.
So, how did we get here and what herbs do we use? Our founder started with a 2,000-year-old formula, sourced the highest quality ingredients, and updated it with feedback from over 10,000 people with periods. She’s been testing herbs in her clinic for over twenty years and blended these with a team of master herbalists, based on what worked best.
Here are the herbs that work together to stop the pain, end the spasms, and ease your flow:
- Fennel Seed: Relieves menstrual pain and suffering.
- Ginger Root: Soothes digestive disturbances, aches, and pains.
- Nutgrass Rhizome: Relieves pain and relaxes your mind, body, and uterus.
- Corydalis: Reduces inflammatory pain.
- Curcuma: Fights chronic pains, cramps, spasms, and inflammation.
- Frankincense & Myrrh: A powerful combo used to beat inflammatory menstrual pain.
- Cinnamon: Reduces the volume of menstrual blood and relieves pain and nausea.
- Motherwort: Uterus-relaxing antispasmodic that reduces tension and irritability.
- Lindera root: Reduces bleeding and relieves pain in the lower abdomen.
In addition to the herbs above, our master herbalists include Costus Root, Spatholobus Stem, Sparganium Root and Sichuan Teasel Root in our Cramp Support Formula. These four herbs harmonize the other herbs, compounding and enhancing their effects.
Our team has reviewed over 8,000 studies about the effectiveness of the herbs above. It sounds like a lot but we love geeking out on herbs and science. If you want to dig deeper without reading thousands of studies, you can read key relevant findings about our favorite cramp-fighting herbs here.
Whether you’re getting a potent dose through our supplements or taking a DIY route to incorporate some into your diet, we hope the herbs above will help you make cramps a thing of your past.